Mac Book Pro V iMac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amiga, Apr 17, 2008.

1. amiga macrumors 6502

amiga

Would a base Mac Book Pro and large monitor better than top spec iMac (and likely iMac update... when ever that might be)?

I like the idea of having a laptop but was looking for a 24" screen or so... I have a 17" iMac G5 at the moment...

Thanks, amiga.

2. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

If you need or desire to move your PC around, then the MacBook Pro + LCD is likely the right idea.

Otherwise, you'll save money with the iMac.

3. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

It all depends on what you want to do, While the MacBook Pro is fast the iMac will still be faster.

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I mean, that is a tough question to answer. If you want the screen real estate, go with the iMac. A top spec iMac will be faster than a base MBP. Also, if you are talking about updates, we have no idea what will be in the iMac next, so it is impossible to speculate. Right now the iMac has 2.8GHz processor, which usurps the MBP. You have a desktop now, if you feel you like how the setup is going, then get another iMac. If you have had many times where you wished for mobility, maybe it is time for a change. Also, maybe you keep the Imac and get a MBP?