Mac Book Pro - when to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tuj, Jun 9, 2014.

1. tuj macrumors newbie

Hi all:

I am coming back around to Apple again after a long stint with PC laptops. I am interested in a near-top-of-the-line Macbook Pro with Retina display, 15".

What I'm concerned about is if there are:
    a) any newer models rumored to come out in the next few months?
    b) if there are any rumored price cuts coming in the next few months?

Any advice you could give me on these topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Maybe a minor spec bump, but in all actuality we'll not see anthing substantive until Intel releases Broadwell late this year. This may cause Apple to release a Broadwell MBP in 2015 and not this year - we really don't know.

The only price cut I'd see is when Broadwell comes out, the Haswell models will end up in the refurb store. I really do not expect to see a general price cut

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Also -- it's usually useful to use the Buyer's Guide to see the history of releases on a product.

Scroll up to the top of the screen, click on where it says Buyer's Guide, then click on where it says Macs. :D

Also remember there's always something better "in a few months" -- buy what you need when you need it; and if you can easily wait then you don't truly need it. :)