Mac Book Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sccreait, Nov 22, 2011.

1. sccreait macrumors newbie

Hi
    I bought a macbook pro in China, and it has been 3months, and I have a apple care registered. My Macbook had a lot of problems and even got the main board replaced! There are many problems still such as missing serial number, outside (bottom and top - with apple lighted logo) aluminum, power button not popping out completely (does not match the other parts' height. What should I do? Does it cost to change the bottom and top cover of Aluminum MBP?

P.S. I bought it in China and I'm planning to have a repair in South Korea. With the Apple Care.

2. Queen6, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Did you buy it direct from Apple or another source? I have seen more than a few sold by local traders in China, and they are best to be avoided as they can range from complete copies to Mac`s assembled with a mixture of sourced parts, to genuine Mac`s sourced on the "grey market". The lack of serial number would be a concern to me immediately.

What you are describing doesn't sound too much like something that would get passed QC, did you register the computer online with Apple?

3. sccreait thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

Hi and thanks for the reply
    I did buy at a authorized which is a campus store, and it is registered on apple. The apple service here FREAKS me out!

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Out Of Curiosity

How did you register the device if the serial numbe is absent? This sounds like a return and replace to me. Something isn't right about it.

5. Spencer Reynen macrumors member

Yes. If I were you I would replace the machine immediately (if it's still within the 14 day window).

6. sccreait thread starter macrumors newbie

:d

THX for all the kind replies

I registered it and it had a problem so i changed the main board-logicboard, so no prob with the registration:D P.S. How much does it take to change the dented aluminum on the palm rest and the bottom cover? I have applecare so is there any chance i get it fixed for free in Korea?

----------

P.S. Cant get a new one - not like the good-service-America the China's Apple is ****ing bad