Mac Book Ram Upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 08mxkfx, Jan 15, 2008.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Well since the new mba disnt what i was hoping im going to order a mb. I was wondering if i ordered 2.2ghz mb with 1gb and 160gb hard drive could i upgrade my ram to 4gb myself for cheaper then apple wants? Where would i order new ram from and how hard is it to install? This computer should be more then enough for me, i run photoshop quite often and sometimes do some video edting but mostly just school work(word,power point), internet, aim and then photoshop and watch videos.
    Thanks

2. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

hi there,
    it's way cheaper to do it yourself and its really easy to do it. in fact apple gives you instructions how to do it in the MB manual. Just need to take out the battery, unscrew 2 or 3 screws and you can exchange the RAM (and the hdd as a matter of fact). Got my RAM on mrmemory.co.uk...
    Fabian

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hi , Welcome to MacRumors

You'll find answers to these and many other commonly asked questions under the Guides tab at the top of this window.

MR Guide to Understanding Intel Mac RAM
    Buying RAM

Generally, you will want to have a look in the Guides and do a Search of the forum, before opening a new thread.