Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Can anyone identify what might be wrong with my macbookpro?
Attached is an image i get when i turn on the machine, first i get the white screen with the grey apple logo then i get a blue screen, this this page loads (attached) before my desktop finder appears.
Everything seems to be working ok but, im just a little concerned.
Any help will be much appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62803519@N03/6216900963/

stoo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Thank you....
Looks like i'll be booking myself an appointment at the genius bar then (fingers crossed they can sort something even though ive had it longer than 4 years):(

Stoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Thank you....
Looks like i'll be booking myself an appointment at the genius bar then (fingers crossed they can sort something even though ive had it longer than 4 years):(

I recently had the same issue, my MBP is over 4 years old, and they run a check utility that will tell them if you MBP has the nVidia batch serial number that allows you to have it changed under warranty. If the check is OK, they will change without any fuss.

Be sure though to thoroughly test the machine before you leave... I ended up going back a few times with the logic board being swapped to another faulty one.... sigh.

Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.