MAC BOOK wont recognize OLD HDD or NEW

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by amazingashie1, Jun 9, 2011.

1. amazingashie1 macrumors newbie

So recently my MAC book idk just stopped working, it will still turn on, but wont recognize the hard drive at all. So I went and bought a new hard drive and installed it. The computer still wont recognize it. Its defintely compatiable with the macbook. I have been reading forms and etc yesterday and today and i have found nothing that works. ive tried "formatting the drive with the start up disk" and other things. Im not so much worried about the old data on the computer, id be nice, but not necessary. but everytime i go to turn it on it starts up but when it gets to "select a destination" its not there. and i went to utilities and then disk utility and it (the hard drive, actually two harddrives of some kind and the install disk) will show up on the left hand side but its not letting me do anything with it. When i click on it, then comes up with "first aid, erase, partition, RAIUD, and Resore" But it wont let me verify disk or do anything of that kind. someone please help me!!! Id grately appreciate it, Just let me know what to do!

2. amazingashie1 thread starter macrumors newbie

its a 298 GB HDD and idk about the other thing you asked.

3. simsaladimbamba

You could just follow the guide I linked to.

4. amazingashie1 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

More details would help dude, we're not Psychic!

Why didn't it work? Where did it stop working? What error messages did you get?

And what the heck does idk mean?