.mac bookmarks syncing nightmare

Discussion in 'macOS' started by krye, May 19, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I first had my MacBook synced with .mac. Then I got a Mac Pro. I synced that too. I was at work and needed access to one of my bookmarks. So I logged into .mac on my browser on the PC at work. I opened up the bookmarks tab and noticed that all my bookmarks are in there twice. I think it has something to do with the fact that both machine have 2 different login names. Anyway, now I turn on my MacBook and it asks me if i want to sync my bookmarks and add 229 new bookmarks! But they are already on the machine; of which over 100 are already duplicates.

So my question is, do I delete all the bookmarks on the MacBook and the Mac Pro and then sync? Or delete all the ones on .mac along with the duplicates on the computers on then sync. How do I fix this?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Delete all the duplicates on one of the two computers. Then, reset your sync data, and tell the sync agent to copy the bookmarks on the computer to .Mac. Once that's done, go to the other computer, reset its sync data as well, and tell it to overwrite the computer's bookmarks with the ones on .Mac. That should fix the duplicates issue.

3. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Cool, thanks.