Mac Buyer's Guide says wait for an updated iPod Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by utternutter, Jun 19, 2007.

1. utternutter macrumors newbie

I'm going to be travelling in the next few months so it'd be great to have an iPod for that. I'm tempted, but if I get one now, I know I'll be kicking myself in 3 - 4 months time if and when Apple launches its latest range of Nanos. After lots of reseach, I've decided on the 4GB Nano - the 8GB offers more value for money with double the storage and all that but the dull black casing just doesn't appeal to me. Personally, I prefer more colour for my iPod.

New models typically come out at the end of the year and waiting for the expected new models will mean that I'll be travelling sans iPod :( Is it worth the wait? :confused:

What can we expect from the new 3G iPod Nano? Higher capacities, more colours, new features, a new design? :confused: I don't really need even higher capacities but would hate to miss out on new features or an improved design.

Buy now or wait?

Any helpful advice? Thanks! :D

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there is nothing wrong with the current lineup. and if the regular iPod line is anything to go by, it looks like Apple's rapid release and updating of the iPods has slowed down considerably so i don't think you have much to worry about personally.

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

if you dont like the dull black casing of the 8G, then why not get the red 8G. same price and flashy red color. and money goes to some project RED when you buy it