Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chedda, Nov 14, 2009.

1. chedda macrumors 6502

Apr 17, 2006
    Help me break the mac cad strangle-hold, post here if you feel the windows centric (not) CAD marketplace (rant). Long live architosh, sketchup, vectorworks, archicad, artlantis & maxwell (stalwarts of osx)
  2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Jan 28, 2009
    won't happen the magic mouse is horrible with such apps. kills your hands. so of course apple will never allow it (G)
  3. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2007
    I use a Mac and agree. I use AutoCAD within Fusion which is ok, but I wish it was a mac native app. I don't like archicad, and none of the mac apps are really industry standards, vectorworks is used in some mac offices but not widely.
    So i guess we're stuck with it until autodesk release more mac apps, which is a possibiilty in the future.
  4. dvin macrumors member

Mar 12, 2009
    i just installed windows7 pro & autoCAD 2008. running via bootcamp and it seems to run flawless. i had some trouble getting the bluetooth devices to connect since i installed the 64-bit windows OS but no i am ready to go....i would suggest this method to anyone wanting to use autoCAD programs.
  5. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    No thanks. AutoCAD on Windows works just fine for... everyone who needs to use it for their professional livelihood.