Mac Calendar changing events to 'New Event'

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by thecounthahaha, Jun 1, 2015.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi,

I've recently noticed that when I create a new event in my 10.9.5 calendar, it doesn't save what I type, so I end up with a 'new event' instead.

I create a new icloud calendar event like normal, rename it, change the date then press enter to save it. For a second or so it stays as I edited it, but then it switches back to 'New Event' 09-10am..! I now have a handful of calendar events which I can't remember what they should actually be..!

Has anyone come across this, and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks very much!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't remember seeing that issue anywhere before.

What is your "normal" procedure for creating an event?

3. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Normal procedure is:

Double click to create, re-name, re-time, set calendar, press enter. Within a few seconds it sometimes then renames itself to 'New Event'. Just tried it again and it did it again so it isn't that I forgot to press enter...

I have a second mac for work which links to the same iCloud account. It does it on that machine too!

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Sounds like an account/calendar issue then. Does a different iCloud calendar do this?

5. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

I've just checked them all again - I have 7 different calendars inside iCloud, 6 of which have the same issue. My default calendar does not have this problem...

6. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, seems to be the case if I change the calendar from the default calendar to one of the other ones as part of the initial calendar making process.

Any ideas?

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The only thing I can think of would be to call Apple when you have some time to waste. It would seem to be their issue.

8. ajc600 macrumors newbie

ajc600

We are having this exact same issue! It is also through our shared iCloud calendars. Please help!

9. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

That's brilliant news ajc600 - if you get what I mean - as I thought I was the only one!

10. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Your problem calendars are shared? You didn't say.

11. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

No, all my icloud calendars are only for me.

I do subscribe to some calendars, but they have been subscribed to for several years now.

12. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

ajc600, do you use any 3rd party apps for your calendar on iPhone or iPad? I use Pocket Informant.

13. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Well...I've seen it here and now. It's not a Calendar-app-only problem as an event created that way for a Google calendar doesn't show that behavior.

14. funsteepy macrumors newbie

Hey, I've been having the same issue. Only seems to be a problem when I change from my primary iCloud calendar to a different iCloud one, and the change back to 'New Event' seems to happen when the calendar starts syncing with iCloud.
    If anyone works out a solution, I'd be keen to know

15. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that seems to be the case here too. Using a 3rd party app like pocket informant on my phone doesn't have this issue from what I can tell..!

16. Jim-H macrumors member

This has been happening to me too. So annoying. Have 11 calendars, some shared. Happens on all calendars but the default. Workaround is to enter all the info on the default calendar. Let it sync with iCloud, then go back and change it to the proper calender.

17. kevaquarian macrumors newbie

Hi.

Finally I have found a thread where this issue is being talked about. I have the same problem on Mac Pro 2010 10.9.5. It only started happening about a month ago. I have not got to the bottom of it yet. Weird. I have no shared calendars. 5 calendars plus 2 subscriptions.

Is it safe to do a pref file trash for Calendar as something to try? Is it worth a go?

Thanks.

Kev

18. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

19. jbavington macrumors newbie

jbavington

20. hirotaro11 macrumors newbie

hirotaro11

How do you fix this its killing my producivity!!! Please help im dying

21. j11esq macrumors newbie

j11esq

I've been having this problem in my office for quite some time. Concluded the "push" setting on calendar refresh was causing a sync mid-entry because I have the calendar open on multiple devices. Turned off Push and set to manual. All I have to do is a CMD+R upon completion of the entry and I'm good to go!