Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibanez759

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
So I have a Mac Book Pro, OSx 10.6.8, and every time I try to connect to the wifi at home, it won't let me. I can connect fine at my university and at my apartment, but when I come home for summer and winter break, it won't connect. My friend's Macbook Pro connects fine and my pc connects fine.

When I got to enter the password (WPA) it thinks for a while, and then just asks for the password again. Again, I can connect to other networks, and I can connect to my network from another computer.

Any ideas?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When I got to enter the password (WPA) it thinks for a while, and then just asks for the password again. Again, I can connect to other networks, and I can connect to my network from another computer.
It sounds like you're not entering the password correctly.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
either that or your router isnt allowing your mac to connect. go to your routers website and adjust the settings. then retry your password. if not, try throwing your router against a hard flat surface. that always works for me everything else fails.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Does you router perhaps have a limit to the number of connections it can accept?

ibanez759

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Does you router perhaps have a limit to the number of connections it can accept?

I don't think so, we've got 2 xbox's and 5 laptops going at once

----------

either that or your router isnt allowing your mac to connect. go to your routers website and adjust the settings. then retry your password. if not, try throwing your router against a hard flat surface. that always works for me everything else fails.

what setting am i looking for?

also there is a max of 50 connections

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you have other devices connected, I really think it's most likely the password. Check the password, then type it in TextEdit, so you can see what the characters are, making sure your caps lock is not on. Now copy it from TextEdit and paste it into the password field.

ibanez759

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
If you have other devices connected, I really think it's most likely the password. Check the password, then type it in TextEdit, so you can see what the characters are, making sure your caps lock is not on. Now copy it from TextEdit and paste it into the password field.

I finally got it. My Mac's MAC address was blocked for some reason. Removed it and it's now connecting. Thank you everyone for your effort

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Guess your parents didn't want you surfing for...um...stuff...while at home on their network. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.