MAC can't access Hotmail and MSN(MAC) but Windows is able to

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by winzee, Jun 24, 2008.

1. winzee macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Just 4 hours go i am unable to access www.hotmail.com

When i enter http://www.hotmail.com into SAFARI, it ends up with this message:

http://login.live.com/?id=2

The page is unavailable or no longer exists
    The page you're trying to find is either temporarily unavailable or no longer exists.

Please do one of the following:

Click your browser's Refresh button to try reconnecting to the page.
    Check the spelling of the web address in your browser's address bar.
    Click your browser's Back button to go back to the previous page.

When i used my Firefox (MAC), i was able to go to the page to key in my details (hotmail email address and password) and when i click ok to log in. i was brought to the page with the message above.

When i tried logging on to Adium and MSN Messenger (MAC), it says my email account does not exist or i have entered my password wrongly.

okay the funny part is, i decided to load up Parallels with windows and using internet explorer, i was able to access hotmail.com flawlessly. And i was able to use the Windows MSN Messenger.

ANy idea whats wrong? Could it be some form of virus against mac?

Thank you!!

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

First off it is Mac and Safari not MAC and SAFARI.

Hotmail tends not to like Safari or Firefox on Mac for some time every now and again, Just click refresh a couple of times or wait.

Virus HA no it is not.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Nope

Your computer is trying to protect you.

Yeah, it's a virus. Textbook case.

4. BoyWithCamera macrumors newbie

im having the exact same problem, and I thought i was the only one and being crazy.

since 5 days I cant access www.hotmail.com or live.msn.com before that, everything worked fine.

I get the same error message you do after trying to login, saying that the page doesn't exist.

i already purged my cache and DNS cache and it dint help.

Adium wont connect me to msn anymore either. but i can for example login to msn through meebo.com and I tried accessing hotmail.com on a PC in the same network and there it works. so my username and password works fine its just on my Mac. anyone else having this issue ?

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

6. BoyWithCamera macrumors newbie

7. sethco13 macrumors newbie

If anyone still has this issue

First of all, call it whatever you want MAC, SAFARI, who cares. We get what he/she is asking and no one likes a smart ass who corrects everyone especially when it doesn't matter.

I just had to allow cookies and mine stopped going crazy. I also did the login.live thing listed previously instead of typing in hotmail.com and that took care of the problem.