Mac can't connect to cisco for college

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by demonicgman, Aug 22, 2011.

1. demonicgman macrumors newbie

So as the title says my mac cannot connect to my college's network through cisco. It just says something like cisco clean access java applet web client could not be launched.

I took my mac up to my college's IT and they said that my mac has a bad hard drive and that I had to take it to an apple store. So I just got back from the apple store and of course nothing is wrong with my hard drive, my java is up to date, all updates are installed. And they say nothing more they can do.

So now I have to take my mac back to my it department and find out if they can do anything else with my mac. They said they had their best guy on it, which isn't hopeful.

Do you guys know of anything I could do? Would upgrading to Snow Leopard fix the problem?

For some odd reason when I try to play a Pogo game it says I don't have java, I'm wondering it something is wrong with w/e Java i have?
    Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try reinstalling Java, or reinstalling the Clean Access Client.

3. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

you might have to upgrade to snowleopard due to it having a released java applet that leopard or tiger does not.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I'd go and buy a CD quick before they run out and you have to resort to an extremely high price on eBay.