Mac can't start. white screen. have tried guides

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikjesp, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mikjesp macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a iMac with OS X 10.4. I wanted to install windows on it, so I could play games on it. So I used boot camp, to make a partition on it. Then I had to put in my Windows CD, and restart it. When I started the windows installation, I was asked to format the drive, but the size of the drive wasn't the size I had specified the partition to be, so I quit the installation, because I wanted to check want I had choosen.

But when the mac restarted, the white screen come on, and nothing more. No loading sign or anything. My Windows CD was still in the diskdrive and I can hear the mac read from it. When I start the computer now the same happens.
    I figud that if I can get the Windows CD out, i can inset the Mac installation disk and reinstall the OS, but I can't get the CD out. I read the guide here about what to do if your mac can't boot, http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_doesn't_boot
    but nothing helped.

I have for instance tried pressing the keyboard combintion to start up in safe mode. My worrenty is exceeded and I don't have a lot of money so I am thinking that I can try to the get the disk of the the diskdrive using a screwdriver or something, and then buy a new diskdrive if I crash the diskdrive. But I am not familair with buying and installing hardware to the mac.

Sorry for the poor spelling. Im on a public library computer so I don't have much time to check the spelling

Any help is appreciated
    Mikkel

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Hold down option key while booting (press it a sec after you've pressed the power button) and see what options does it give. You should be able to see your OS X partition so select it and press enter

3. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

and also try to force eject the dvd. Hold down the mouse button on the trackpad while starting up

4. mikjesp thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried those thing. it's doesn't work. nothing happens.

5. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

If you've tried the guides I don't know what you're expecting people here to tell you.

Get in touch with Apple or if for some reason you can't do that, find an independent repair company that will deal with Macs.