Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 212

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Daedalus256 said:
what's a MAC? I mean I've heard of Macs but what does MAC stand for? ;)
MAC address or the Mac platform , used in the right way we know what he means but why nit pick:D

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I don't consider this a "clone"... just because it has handles on it like a PM G5 doesn't mean the entire design is based on the G5. Now, I'm not saying this thing is a gem or anything... looks like cheapness and plastic to me.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
mpw said:
Reminds me of a Honda NSX.

that almost shameful to say that! the honda NSX is up as the Mac of the supercar world. it may be old but its still an awesome car! :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's the middle of the night, and I might have missed something while skimming through, but what are the specs on this? And wouldn't Apple have a go at them for making an unauthorised clone?

Edit: Bear's post (#21) answers this.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
russed said:
that almost shameful to say that! the honda NSX is up as the Mac of the supercar world. it may be old but its still an awesome car! :D
There's lots to love about the NSX, and I have driven one, but one thing I didn't like was the original interior (it'll have surely been updated) that had plastic mouldings around the gearlever etc. that had the allen bolt heads moulded on. Like the added on for no reason other than to look like something that's popular handles of the 'clone' here.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
ugly and really cheap looking....

Kind of like having a generic diet coke when all you want is the real coca cola:D

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
mpw said:
There's lots to love about the NSX, and I have driven one, but one thing I didn't like was the original interior (it'll have surely been updated) that had plastic mouldings around the gearlever etc. that had the allen bolt heads moulded on. Like the added on for no reason other than to look like something that's popular handles of the 'clone' here.

Phooey, car manufacturers go to idiotic lengths to hide the screws, then they mold on fake ones? Goofy. But I hear there is a new NSX in the works, and it sounds really awesome.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Daedalus256 said:
what's a MAC? I mean I've heard of Macs but what does MAC stand for? ;)
According to Apple and the US Patent and Trademark Office, it's a name for "computers; computer printers; computer monitors; computer peripherals; computer operating system software; network transmission accelerator for accelerating the transmission of data in a local area network; electronic mail and message delivery apparatus; multimedia authoring computer programs for use in the fields of business, government, education, and science; local area networks and wide area networks; CD-ROM drives" Yes, in uppercase.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
crazyeyes said:
That is funny. Oh just so you know the NSX is made by Acura. I know Honda and Acura are the same company but an NSX is an Acura.

no, honda and acura is the same thing, it is just called acura in america for some reason. everywhere else in the world the NSX is made by honda (i actually think they have stopped making it now).

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
on another note, its funny how a thread about a really crappy looking pc copy of a powermac has got on to talking about the difference between honda and acura!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.