Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I wasnt sure where to post this, but I just saw the trailer for Accepted. It looks kind of funny. But, the lead actor is the "Steve Jobs" from the recent Mac add campaign. Just thought I would point that out.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
At least he's using a Mac in the movie!

Eh, and... AppleWorks? :confused:

Attachments

• Bilde 3.jpg
    Bilde 3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 233

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
lexus said:
Firstly what is wrong with the task bar and where is the dock???

Easy. Dock is hiding, and they mangled the menu bar so the relation to Mac OS X isn't quite so blatant. It will make many think that it isn't true brand placement, because the proprienty OS doesn't look like the true propriety OS. Make sense?

uberfoto

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Long was funny in Dodgeball and Galaxy Quest... I look forward to seeing him in another movie.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
uberfoto said:
Long was funny in Dodgeball and Galaxy Quest... I look forward to seeing him in another movie.
Hmmm... Yeah... I knew he was in Dodgeball and such... i didn't understand why it was a big deal that he would be in a nother movie.... but oh well:).

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Hey, don't forget that anyone who has any affiliation with Apple deserves our undivided attention.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Was he in that Tom Green college movie. That was a terrible movie. XD

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
lexus said:
Firstly what is wrong with the task bar and where is the dock???
The dock can be hidden, and the task bar could be a window placed at a level in front of the real task bar. Look at the strange bottom edge of the bar.

At least the hard drive is called Macintosh HD.

dallasuo

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2005
Canton, GA
uberfoto said:

He was also in the movie Waiting. Definitely a must see for anyone that has ever worked in a restaurant.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
surprisingly it looks pretty good. Entertaining for the one-time at least. My brother has a friend that is exactly like that kid that screams... how queer :rolleyes:

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Does anyone know if this has been out in the UK? I've checked the cinema times every few weeks but haven't seen this on anywhere nor have I seen it advertised whilst watching other films. I've been waiting to see this since this thread started but it doesn't seem to have appeared.
The official website now says its out on DVD in the states from tomorrow. Did they forget about Europe or something?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
this movie came out during the summer guys ... its just coming on DVD. I hear it was like a PG-13 movie that wasn't funny because it had to hold back to keep the rating. Maybe an unedited dvd would be worth a watch ....

but yeah Justin Long was in plenty before he did the apple commercials.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0519043/

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
this movie came out during the summer guys ... its just coming on DVD. I hear it was like a PG-13 movie that wasn't funny because it had to hold back to keep the rating. Maybe an unedited dvd would be worth a watch ....

but yeah Justin Long was in plenty before he did the apple commercials.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0519043/

Yeah I know it came out in the states a while ago, I really wanted to see it over here in the UK though and as far as I can tell it hasn't showed here. If it did then it must have been for about a week in about three cinemas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.