Mac commercials and TV ads

Discussion in 'iMac' started by planetwave2000, Dec 14, 2010.

1. planetwave2000 macrumors member

planetwave2000

What's up macrumors.com,

It's been a while since I have seen the Mac vs. PC commercials I kinda miss them (they're funny). All the commercials I see now is all about the iPad, iPhone 4 and Macbook Air.

Has Win7 significantly improved since Widows Vista? Are all those Mac ads about PC are not true anymore (except for virus)? I have not used PC (not @ home) since Windows XP except where I work at.

How stable is windows 7? I am planning to boot camp my Imac 27 inch (mid 2010 model). Is it worth it to install Win 7 on Macs? Or some people Install windows on Mac "just to have it" and getting the "best of both worlds". Reason why I want to install Windows on my Imac is because I have some plug-ins for Photoshop (windows compatible only) I want to use.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What's up!

I think I remember reading somewhere that they have ceased to be produced.

I have never used W7, but it seems like it is a big improvement from Vista.

For your needs it will be stable enough :)

3. iMac-do you? macrumors newbie

7 is probably the most stable version of Windows I've used (probably because they took some inspiration from Apple...), I had it on my PC before I tore it apart, sold the bits, and bought an iMac :)

As an alternative to Bootcamp, you could always use something like Virtual Box to install Windows, therfore negating the need to reboot out of the lovely OS X to use Windows. I use XP this way for a program I need to use which is Windows only, and for me it works great.

4. planetwave2000 thread starter macrumors member

planetwave2000

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Yup!

BTW the Buy a Mac commercials ended about a year ago. It was pretty well publicized. If you miss them you can find them on Youtube.

While I'm not a Windows 7 users (made the transition to 100% OS X) my understanding is it's a great OS. About the only major issue is so many people develop viruses for MS Windows so they're a constant threat. While none exist for OS X there are trojans however you have to be pretty stupid to download a trojan.

6. biggd macrumors 6502

biggd

You do
    Most viruses now a-days are malware or scareware. They come in through adobe and java exploits. I spend 40% of my week removing them. If it wasnt for them I would switch back to pc.

I think the Mac app store will make me stay

7. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

You can bet your anti virus drugs you do! Windows unfortunately is prone.