mac compatible verizon cell phones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nicolamoore, Feb 9, 2008.

1. nicolamoore macrumors newbie

I need to buy a new cell phone.
    I'm trying to find out which verizon cell phones are mac compatible.
    Any suggestions?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Mac compatible in what sense? To transfer music,files, etc. or to tether as a modem?

3. india349 macrumors member

india349

If you're looking to use Bluetooth with a Verizon phone, it's not going to happen. Verizon locks the bluetooth feature on the phone so that you can't transfer files (but I believe headsets and similar accessories are still compatible).

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm pretty sure there was a lawsuit over this and they've since unlocked the Bluetooth.

edit: Nope. Verizon remains a stubborn bastard. Sorry.

5. bov macrumors 6502

hmmmm i cant seem to transfer any files between my MBP and Voyager :(

6. letswastetime macrumors regular

I have a vx9800(also known as the v phone) from verizon and i have been able to transfer ringtones and pictures to it using bluetooth and bitpim.

first you need to pair your phone with you mac. then open bitpim and under settings select your phone. then you should be able to browse and connect to your phone. it should be under something like BTDIAG-1. try connecting to that port. it may not say its connected at the bottom of the screen when it really is, so just try send a picture or something and see if it works.

hope that isnt too confusing and helps a bit. ;)

7. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I have a k1m from verizon that I re-flashed and now have full bluetooth support. I can transfer files, use iSync and use it as a bluetooth modem.

Plus, the interface on the phone is much nicer then the verizon one.

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Nokia's for the most part have many but not all functions un-Verizoned that's probably a big reason they don't like selling them. I know for a fact my 6256i is compatible.

9. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

Continuing with this thread

I, too, am looking for a Verizon cell phone, for a variety of unhappy reasons. iPhone is just not in the cards.

Anyone have any luck getting the Z6c or z6tv phones to sync calendars and contacts? I bugs me that Apple lets iSync work with so few phones. I really don't want to have to use Windows under fusion to sync my phone, but I may have to...

10. chinarider macrumors regular

Thats funny - It worked just fine with my verizon V3M - Turned on the Bluetooth and the MBP connected and transferred immediately....

11. mwp98223 macrumors 6502

Verizon was sued for advertising in a manner that misled customers about the fact many bluetooth services are disabled. Verizon still disables the services, but includes better fine print these days.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

They have the Blackberry Curve. My wife has a Blackberry Pearl and it syncs great using Missing Sync.