Mac Compatible Wireless Hard Drives

JStein1313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I'm basically looking for something that does what the Time-capsule does (w/o the router portion) for less money, I know it's out there but just a little tricky getting solid ones that support both Mac and Windows.

You guys have any recommendations you've heard from friends or personal use? I'm looking for one above 1 tb (preferably above that, in the 2 tb-ish range), I'm wanting to partition half of it for Time Machine back ups and then the other half for Media content so that I can hopefully stream to my Xbox 360 or other computers.

Again it's important that it's wireless, above 1tb perferably around 2 tb's, Mac and Windows compatible.

Here's site that I peaked at, if you can recommend any off of here: http://www.mac-backup-drives.com/

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could also look into Ethernet HDDs, which then could be connected to your router via Ethernet cable and you could connect to it wirelessly.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
There's no such thing as Mac or Windows compatible drives. Any drive can be used with either one if it's formatted properly. Even if it comes pre-formatted, you can always reformat the drive to your liking.

JStein1313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
There's no such thing as Mac or Windows compatible drives. Any drive can be used with either one if it's formatted properly. Even if it comes pre-formatted, you can always reformat the drive to your liking.
Can't you Partition it into two and then format them appropriately to each OS?