mac computer icon on desktop

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Hello, just bought the rmbp 15". System 10.9.5. Could you please let me kow how to disPlay the computer icon on the desktop? Thank you.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I don't think that you can display the Computer Icon on the Desktop. You can have it in the Sidebar of Finder windows by going into Finder Preferences>Sidebar and ticking that option.

You can also display your Hard Drive icon on the Desktop by, again, going into Finder Preferences>General. That's pretty much the same as the Computer icon as double clicking will display the contents of your Mac.

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
You can also display your Hard Drive icon on the Desktop by, again, going into Finder Preferences>General. That's pretty much the same as the Computer icon as double clicking will display the contents of your Mac.
Thanks but I cannot such option under Preference>General. I am using 10.9.5.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
vertical
Thanks but I cannot such option under Preference>General. I am using 10.9.5.
The option isn't under System Preferences > General.

It's in Finder. Look under the Finder menu, and choose the Preferences menu item. The Finder's Preferences window should appear.

peterpan123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
The option isn't under System Preferences > General.

It's in Finder. Look under the Finder menu, and choose the Preferences menu item. The Finder's Preferences window should appear.
I found it. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.