Mac connection good or bad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by armenakadino, Jan 29, 2009.

1. armenakadino macrumors member

Is mac connection a trusted place, I cant resist the deals but I am a little skeptical about online retailers after hearing about the customer service at macmall.

Also is there rebates going to actually come or am I going to get screwed like the people who bought the computers from macmall.

Also if I buy a computer from mac connection what happens if it does not work or is damaged since it is a online retailer and would I still be able to buy apple care. Sorry for all the questions

2. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

This by no means is representative of all of the macs at macconnection, but we bought a PowerMac G4 from them in 2003 and it kept freezing (yes, hard freeze had to hold the power button for 5 secs) and it took me about a year and half to find out what was going on. Somehow, when the CPUs temperature got to around 60C, the entire computer froze. Spent hundreds of dollars on technicians looking at it without having it freeze on them because they of course kept their environment cool. Eventually had to get a new processor, but it worked great after that. That is just what my experience was with them, but I will never order stuff from them again. :p

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

You should be fine buying from them. You will be covered by Apple's 1 year warranty, and can buy additional AppleCare.