Mac Connection sucks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hing, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Hing macrumors regular

I ordered imac 27 i5 from them and they cancel my order . Reason for them canceling my order is that i dont have a land line phone and they cant verify me after i already provide them with all the info. How is a cell phone differnt from land line phone. The shipping address i gave them match my billing info.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is this a question or a statement?

I'd call Mac Connection and talk to them.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

The nerve of them for trying to prevent fraud.....:eek:

4. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

I want to know if it happen to anyone else. So i cant buy from them without a land line phone and the person that i talk to hang up the phone on me when i didnt finish talking. I Guess they did want my business. Amazon is the best

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well now now. It is common practice to have only a cell phone these days. It is unfair though to assume that Mac Connection won't sell you something if you only have a cell. It is also absurd that they'd know the difference unless they waste time checking that out on searchbug or similar sites that often reveal what is a landline and what is a cell #.

That said, the op should and would need to call Mac Connection. All he can do here is get us all rowdy.

6. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

It's not tied to a physical location (residence)?

I order lots of stuff online, and I don't like giving my phone number out to these people. If I'm required to give a number I usually enter 999-999-9999. I can't say I've done that with MacConnection but no one has ever called me on it yet.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ehhhhhhhh ...
    I am going to go with maybe you weren't super nice to them or maybe you were too irate to actually make sense. I cannot see a smaller company hanging up on you and canceling a fairly big order just to spite the **** out of you.

8. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

I dont understand how a land line phone make any difference.

9. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

The credit card info match the shipping info.

10. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

You can get a landline number in pretty much any part of the world which will redirect to pretty much any other part of the world.

11. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

As I recall, I was only answering the question. Or was that not the question?

12. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

No way i will call them again or order anything from them. I have always order online that is the first company refuse to sell something for not having landline phone. So i will spend my 2000 dollars somewhere else.

13. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

so You need to be super nice to them in order to order from them?

14. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry you had a disappointing experience with MacConnection.

It is possible that your cell phone number did not match the number on file with your credit card issuer. This will occasionally cause a card to decline.

If your card is declined, it's normal for your order to automatically cancel.

I would call your card company and ensure your information is accurate, and investigate if a charge was attempted and declined (they can tell you this information.)

I will say, that trying to use the amount of money you're spending as leverage is not a good way to get help from a CSR-- $2000 is not a large sale for a mac retailer and it just makes them annoyed with you.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

No, you misunderstand.

I don't think that you should require a landline to make a purchase. I just think that coming here to complain about a security feature that protects you from the fraudulent use of your credit card instead of calling your credit card company to see what happened is a little ridiculous. I think that feelthefire is probably right.

And being nice always helps, especially when there is a problem. Hell, when I wasn't able to purchase my new MBP under Amazon's Lightning Deal price (the deal went from "Waiting For Sale" to "Sold Out" right away), I called Amazon, was really nice, and they honored the $1,049 price for me.