Mac corrupted Micro SD card !?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by teejaybee, Oct 7, 2010.

1. teejaybee macrumors newbie

A friend has a phone with a Micro SD card in. It olds photos and music for use in a Mobile phone.
    Apparently after connecting to new MacBook to download the photos (via USB cable between phone and MacBook) it cannot be accessed in the phone. Can still read it via the Mac.

Now I know some would say that's OK then, but really would like to be able to use it still in the phone. Anyone know what might have happened and if there's a recovery scenario.

Thanks

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Might need to reformat the card. Odd that connecting it to the computer would do that, but it's possible there was an error at some point that corrupted the drive. If you got everything off, it shouldn't be a big deal to wipe the card (I'd use the phone functions to do that if possible) and put the stuff back on if needed.

jW

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

Why not connect over Bluetooth? I find this to be easier than messing with USB.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Probably because a lot of phones only support Bluetooth profiles for headsets, not data transfer. It's really annoying, I've had several like that. Fortunately, on my current phone I have complete Bluetooth access, but the OP may not have that option, especially to a Micro-SD card.

jW

5. teejaybee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replies...I wondered if that might be the case.
    One or two options still to try but of course we perhaps need to try again having copied the data. See if this is a repeating problem.
    Only problem is that we can only copy to the MAC and the MAC seems to corrupt it.