mac crashed help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by richprice, May 13, 2008.

1. richprice macrumors member

I was surfing the web on my new iMac and stepped on the power supply switch. So i flip it back on and reboot now all i get the desktop and then a blue sceen the desktop then a blue screen it wont let me do anything.

2. richprice thread starter macrumors member

well im running the restore cd's I must say I cant believe after one week of ownership im reinstalling an os this is what i was trying to get away from. I realize I killed the power but this seems a bit much.:mad:

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Did you damage the connection where the cable meets the machine?

4. richprice thread starter macrumors member

no because its running the leopard install right now. I just dont get it. I want to make sure it works before my wife gets up for work she would be mad to know the new computer already doesnt work.

5. richprice thread starter macrumors member

Just thought I would update as I was exhausted last night. Reinstalling Leopard didn't fix the problem so I did an erase and reinstall losing all my pictures and programs and it works fine now. This has made me decide to buy a ups and a timemachine as I didn't know the imac could be wiped out by a power outage.

6. bentoms macrumors regular

Data loss on a HD due to a Power Outage is common, no matter what OS is installed on it!

But by using Time Machine & a UPS (or more cheaply moving the plug if on an adapto or making a cover for it) will mean that you'll be ok.