Mac crashes with Flash related websites

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iLuc81, Jun 2, 2009.

1. iLuc81 macrumors newbie

Hello Fellas,

I am new here but have been using Mac machines since 5 years however the problem I am having these days is driving me crazy and I can't seem to find a solution. I have read across the forums and I am sure I am not the only one having this issue so maybe this thread will help more people.

Basically every time I try to watch a Flash related streaming website (Ustream.com, YouTube.com, MLB.tv) my computer crashes (I have read of browsers crashing before but not an actual crash by the entire Computer, scary) and I must reboot pressing the Power button.

I am almost sure it is a Flash issue because of three things: first, I thought this could have been some sort of Virus and decided to format my Computer (late 2006, iMac Power PC, version OS X 10.4.11, 2.16 GHZ Intel Core Duo) only to later find out that the problem was still there, second because when viewing the actual stream I have opened Activity Monitor and noticed how the % of CPU was absolutely above any acceptable average for the browser I was viewing the live stream with (touched 94% on Ustream.com and MLB.tv) and was still very high but not high enough to cause the crash for YouTube (about 45%) and last but not least when I uninstalled Flash my Computer was going very well and showed no sign of problem.

This happens with both Safari and Firefox and I have no idea on how to solve it.
    I watch Baseball games and live streams very often and this is causing me a serious headache! I have tried to downgrade to Flash Version 9 but MLB.tv requires Version 10 and for other websites the issue was still there.
    I would really appreciate any help from one or more of the Mac Gurus here!

Thanks again for reading and looking forward to hearing from you guys.
    Cheers!

2. mickthomas69 macrumors newbie

I am also having the same problem, only as of recently!

Every single browser crashes as soon as it sees any sign of flash.

Very, very frustrating.

Help!