Mac Death Adder Track Speed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sam700nf, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sam700nf macrumors newbie

Yes, I searched the other Death Adder posts. *I* didn't find anyone else with this particular problem. I thought I posted for help before, but possibly on another site.

Aluminum iMac, latest OS X, and, when last used, latest Razer drivers.

I get my settings where I want them, use the computer, stop, it goes to sleep, and when it wakes up my Apple mouse settings (in System Preferences) have changed to a slower track speed. I can't get the mouse to the track speed I want solely with the Razer drivers. I set the track speed in System Preferences, then fine tune with Razer drivers.

I ended up frustrated, uninstalled the Razer drivers, and I just use it with the Mac mouse settings. I am not a power user, regular stuff plus WoW. The track speed reset was frustrating, otherwise enjoy the mouse. Any suggestions or questions to help diagnose? Anyone with similar issues?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

My Razor only switches profiles during reboot. :rolleyes:
    Opening the Razor settings application fixes it so I have it open automatically during login.

Using the Razor drivers improves functionality over not using them, trust me. You just need to play with the settings until you can find something that works for you.

Razor is definitely a "better under Windows" mouse. Razor's Mac support is crap.

3. sam700nf thread starter macrumors newbie

It has been a while since I uninstalled the drivers, but reading the Mamba talk made me look again. I don't need a new mouse, it was just an interesting read and reminded me of the Death Adder issues I had.

My "reset" problems were occuring nearly every time the computer woke up from sleep, not just restarts. I have no complaints using it without the Razer drivers, other than missing features.

My older iMac uses the Razer Pro Click and I have not had the same kind of issues with that mouse. I use the applicable Razer drivers on that computer without problems.