Mac deleted all my Documents

Discussion in 'iMac' started by WillsMac, Jun 15, 2013.

1. WillsMac macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I am running Mountain Lion on my i7 intel iMac and have recently found out that for whatever reason all my documents folders have been deleted. My Dashboard organisation gone, and due to document folder being deleted - many app preferences (such as 1Password file - highly important) have gone.

If any one can shed light on how I could possibly retrieve the files would be much appreciated.
    I am fuming especially since I just cleared my back up hdd which had my mac data on it to make it work with time machine because it wasn't allowing it to delete old back ups. So I format it, then started time machine and let it do its work over the night and when I wake up - my documents folder is gone. Well thats at least the first time I noticed this.

edit: oh and great I have lost a load of minecraft work....
    at least my Movies folder is still up since that has hundreds of hours of production work in Ae...

Any help guys!

Thanks in Advance!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Just a WAG but I'm guessing your Documents folder was (inadvertently) on the "backup" drive you erased. No going back if so, sorry to say.