Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Rogerss

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Hi guys,

I am in college, and I am currently running a late 2008 MBP on my desk with a 22 inch Dell widescreen. I also use a wireless keyboard and mouse set up. With bose speakers. It basically a desktop set up with my laptop. And recently I brought up my PC tower up to my dorm, (basically to take some stress off my laptop, and play AOE 3) And I have the the Dell running on VGA in my monitor and my laptop in the DVI, I just switch them on the screen.

Now I need help with what hardware to use my one mouse and one keyboard between both my laptop and PC tower.

I kinda know what people use, but I need to know exactly how it works, what plugs into what, and where to buy this device. =]

Thank you!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
You're looking for a KVM switch. They're pretty self-explanatory. I don't think a walkthrough is really necessary.

Your MacBook Pro will run Age of Empires III just fine, either the Mac version or the Windows version.

Mr Rogerss

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I don't want to spend more money on the Mac one, since I already own multiple copies of it on windows. Also I don't want to run games on my laptop,I want to game and stuff on windows and run other stuff on my Mac.

I like what apple can do, and I like what Windows can do. I get the best of both this way.

Thanks for the link, can anyone send me a link of a good KBM to buy? One that is easy to use, and a good price?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.