Mac desktop changes whenever I go out of Fast-User Switching!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iLoveiMacs, Nov 23, 2010.

1. iLoveiMacs macrumors member

iLoveiMacs

Hello, I'm using a 2.33 GHz MacBook Pro running the latest version of SL. I periodically like to step away from my desk, so I'll click on my name in my Mac's menu bar to initialize 'fast user-switching', so that no one could use my computer without entering a password (similar to "lock" in Windows XP+). When I log back in however, I find that the desktop background that I had set was automatically changed to the default SL background. Could any of ya'll provide an explanation as to why this happens? Maybe a fix?

Thanks.

PS: I'm running the MBP in desktop mode on an external monitor (although the problem still exists when I'm only using the MBP+no screen), and as soon as I set an image as a desktop picture, I throw it in the trash.. maybe that is helpful info. regarding diagnosing my problem. :confused:

2. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I think your throwing out the desktop picture is what's causing the problem. Mac OS X is looking for the desktop picture upon log in, and can't find it, so it shows the default. A great way to test this is to set a desktop background, and don't throw the picture into the trash. Now do what you normally do with fast user switching and logging out and in. I bet the desktop will be there... what happens when you try this?

3. iLoveiMacs thread starter macrumors member

iLoveiMacs

Thanks for your reply. It still doesn't work! I saved the pic on my computer, but when I switched from fus>desktop it still changed to the default! :mad: