MAC Desktop - Help :)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bionichead, May 16, 2009.

1. Bionichead macrumors newbie

I used a Mac G4 a few years ago at work, but I am really new to the Mac OS X. I am having trouble figuring out how to ask my question in a way that I can find the answer on Google. So, I am trying here.

My problem is with orientation. On a PC and the G4, if I opened an Adobe application, the program blocked out the desktop. I could click full screen and only the windows applicable to the program were visible. With my new Mac that seems to have changed. When I open Dreamweaver, for example, I can still see the Finder through the program. I am continuously clicking on other application and being sucked out of Dreamweaver into Finder or Safari or whatever else happens to be open. It is making it difficult for me to stay focused on the job at hand. Sure the F3 button sort of helps, but I would much rather have a G4 type of situation.

Is there anyway to change my Mac settings so that when I open a program the background is solid? I really don't want to see the desktop all the time.

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Sounds like you have a transparency issue...

If you can provide screen shots that would help us greatly on figuring out what's going on.