Mac developer program - Old OS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sythas, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sythas macrumors 6502a

Sythas

I have an Power Mac G5 with tiger on it, an iMac with Leopard on it and my MBA with Lion... I wanted to reinstall the original OS on the imac and the CD is dead.... So now's my question!

Instead of running around and trying to get another DVD form a shaddy vendor, I tought I could take a one year membership with ADP, Mac developement and get Leopard for the G5, Snow leopard for the iMac and Montain Lion this summer for my MBA...

Is that possible ? (getting the OS from Apple, and not renewing my subscription next year)

Thank you!

2. Bear macrumors G3

As far as I know, the Apple Developer programs just has developer previews and you're supposed to buy the final version when it comes out.

In other words, you will need to track down and buy install media for the various OS versions you want/need.

3. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

Since I'm just registered I don't see the os just the debugger, when I'll enroll I should see them ?

Thank you very much AlanShutko

4. C. Alan macrumors 6502

You know, if you call Apple, they will sell you a copy of the back up DVD that came with your Imac. A few years ago I got them to send me a back up disk for an old G3 that my parents have. This may end up being cheaper in the long run.

5. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Yes. It's like the prerelease seeds, you don't get them unless you're a paid dev.