Mac developer program question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by syntax.syntax, Jan 25, 2014.

1. syntax.syntax macrumors member

Well my question is when I sign up do they keep your CC card?So I just newbie to this apple programming.

2. onekerato macrumors regular

Yes, your credit card info is captured by Apple and kept on file. However, your membership is NOT automatically renewed at end of the year.

3. syntax.syntax thread starter macrumors member

I don't understand why they ask for your adderss and real name for?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The same reason why most retailers ask for your address even if its for an electric purchase. I believe it used to help fight against credit card fraud.

5. onekerato macrumors regular

Also... what you're buying is akin to a subscription, i.e. Apple Developer membership/agreement for 1 year. It's treated differently than buying candy at the supermarket. There is likely a legal requirement to establish identity of the "subscriber", and thus Apple may be collecting the legal name & registered address. Moreover, if you misuse the subscription and say upload confidential pre-release information to PirateBay, they need to know where to send the Feds :)

6. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

On the positive side: probably for tax reasons -- you can charge for an app and they do need to pay you out.

On the negative side: If you upload a malware app, they probably want to know where you live.