Mac Developer --> Worth it for the Newest OS X releases?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ac3320, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ac3320 macrumors regular

ac3320

Sure, Summer 2012 is not that far away, but I'd love to try out the latest build of Mountain Lion (and all future releases).

Is the $99 worth it if the most "developing" I plan on doing is sending Apple bug reports?

One still has to pay the [presumably] $29 fee to get the full 10.8.0 release right?

Give me your thoughts on being a Mac Developer :)

2. adamtheturtle macrumors member

You are not entitled to the final 10.8.

Probably not worth it, its not long until ML comes out, and you'll have to deal with the bugs and changes until it is released.

Even developers often install these previews on a secondary disk / partition just to make sure their app works well.

3. ac3320 thread starter macrumors regular

ac3320

Good points. "Late summer" is what Tim Cook said, but what does that even mean? August, early Sept.?

Also, no offense to anyone who has had a great Lion experience, but I feel like I deal with bugginess all the time with 10.7, so I can't see early 10.8 builds as being any less buggy, but everyone's experience is different I suppose. Funnily enough, I am almost hoping that the developer builds will be more stable than 10.7.3 for me, but that might just be wishful thinking. But for the same level of bugginess, at least, I might as well have the newer features...