Mac Displays, Time To Buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bolens1254, Aug 20, 2007.

1. bolens1254 macrumors newbie

hello all,
    thanks for reading my post. iam a big mac fan and am getting ready to bite the bullet, and purchase my first real display. Just wondering does anyone have any insight to wether or not a new one is coming soon? I know there is talk of a glass one with i sight. Thanks for the Help..

2. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

Don't really have an answer but if glass=glossy I will cry.

3. go.mouse macrumors newbie

I'd just get one now if you need a large and beautiful screen. I got the 30" a week ago - expensive, but no regret.

[​IMG]

4. MacBook Jack macrumors newbie

i got the 23" couple weeks ago. it is the business! nae regrets! :D

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Couldn't disagree more.

The current line of Apple displays are the most overpriced, outdated displays you can find on the market. Apple should be shot for not releasing updates in the past 78 years. Even the panels, which some will argue are SIPS, are the older technology of them, not the new ones.

For the money, look at nearly ANYONE else (Dell, LG, Samsung, etc.) who offer much better extras (inputs, performance, etc.) for the price.

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I second this.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I disagree with the people above on some regard, Apple is more expensive then the alternative and that paying extra for the aluminum is ridiculous, however Apple's products were often notoriously expensive to their PC counterparts but over the last two years as Apple has updated their product lines (Powermac's/Mac Pro's to iPod shuffles) they have become less and less expensive. I think that now is a terrible time to buy and i would wait for the release of Leopard if not later unless you are in desire need of a monitor. Sure, Apple has slashed the prices of the displays a bit, but nothing to the point where Steve Jobs is on the stage talking about how they are now cheaper then their Dell counterparts (like the Mac Pro). I would wait, it's still the wrong time.