Mac doc customizing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Trebuin, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I've the mid 2010 MBP for a while now and have enjoyed some of the improvements over windows. One downside I am having with the change from windows is that I like the Windows 7 Taskbar better than the mac doc. I had installed some tweaks in windows to allow the taskbar to function more like leopard's dock but I liked the ability to see the open programs when I hovered over them. Is there a way to do this with osx?

I would like to hover over the open application's icon and see the windows listed or actually see thumbnails.

Also, I would like to right click and open new window...but I have to do this through the file tab or just remember command+N.

Thanks...treb

2. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You learn something new every day. Aero Peek is one of the W7 features I like, a lot. This tip helps me do something similar while not leaving OS X. Thanks!

B

4. Trebuin thread starter macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I would be nicer to just click and then immediately see what's open...in a thumbnail format similar to windows 7, but hey, I can't have my cake and eat it too, can I?

Thanks for that tip...that improves my experience a bit now.

5. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Well, I suppose you can.

You can set an active screen corner to show the current app's windows. You can do that by launching System Preferences, clicking the Exposé & Spaces tab, and assigning that function to a specific corner of the window. So if you move your cursor to that point, it will immediately show you the current app's windows.

Attached Files: