Mac Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JozuaJudah, Apr 8, 2013.

1. JozuaJudah macrumors newbie

JozuaJudah

Hi

My apologies if this is a long way to explain what I am looking for. Back in the day when I was windows user the TV editor I was working with had a mack. I loved the way the dock worked. Therein lies my quandary. The dock didn't looked like the one I had on my current machine in the sense in the way that it worked. It seemed to be curved and as she was scrolling through her apps it acted like a bit of a ferris wheel. It seems like the doc never expanded when you added a icon staying one size so to speak and when you clicked on it it allowed you to scroll almost like in a curve. Well at least that is how I remember it. Thanks. Did mac ever have a dock that functioned like that. Thanks. Jozua

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I think you mean Dock magnification, it can be switched on in:

Menu Bar>Apple>Dock>Turn Magnification On

3. JozuaJudah thread starter macrumors newbie

JozuaJudah

Thanks but that I know about already actually and that is not it.

4. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

I think your remembering the effect that a fixed dock with maximum magnification of the icons on mouse over gives from a distance.

If it was an actual rotation of the icons, then that was none-standard and achieved through a third party piece of software.

5. JozuaJudah thread starter macrumors newbie

JozuaJudah

Thanks. It seems like what ever that was I don't have enough to go on or remember. But it is all good. At least this is settled now and I can move on. :D