Mac does not announce time anymore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by celticpride678, Jul 21, 2009.

1. celticpride678

I have had my Mac for about 4 months now and I have noticed that it does not announce the time on the hour anymore. I have the option set in Date and Time, but it does not work. I just did an Archive and Install today, so it is not the system. How can I fix this? Thanks.

2. miiles macrumors regular

Just the basics first, the computer isn't muted is it? The speakers work? And have you tried changing the voice that announces the hour?

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

The speakers are not muted, they do work and I have not changed the voice, but will try that now and report back. Thanks.'

UPDATE: Yes. It works with the voice, Bruce. But not with the voice, Alex. Why is this. I will use it until it is 8:00 PM and see if Bruce still works. Any ideas until then though?

4. miiles macrumors regular

Honestly I have no idea why that would happen, I was just asking you some of the things I would've done first.

So, can you set your computer up to speak text and have it use the same "Alex" voice to see if that voice works with that?

5. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Actually, it works perfectly with Alex. It turns out it was a problem with my SpeechSynthesisSefver. Thanks for your help.

6. miiles macrumors regular