Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

workingprint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I have a Macbook pro running leopard, an old PC, and an iPhone all using the same wireless router. None of these are running any blocking or filtering software (that I know of). The PC and the iPhone can connect to cracked.com and namebargain.com just fine. But the Mac can not find these 2 sites, and these 2 sites only. All other websites I visit work just fine. Does anybody know what is going on here?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
What browser are you using? Sometimes Safari has some issue with certain websites!

workingprint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I forgot to mention this is on Firefox, Safari and Opera. All experience the same issue. On the PC, namebargain.com and cracked.com work fine on all browsers. On my Mac, they do not load on any browser.

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
I forgot to mention this is on Firefox, Safari and Opera. All experience the same issue. On the PC, namebargain.com and cracked.com work fine on all browsers. On my Mac, they do not load on any browser.

They work fine on my mac (Firefox, Safari), on Snow Leopard, all software up to date. I just checked in case you wanted someone to check another mac.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Same here, no issues with those sites using Safari or FF. I'm running a Macbook with Snow Leopard 10.6.1.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
First, can you be more specific? Are you getting a specific error? 404? Etc? Does it partially load?

Since I don't know what the problem is exactly I am going to guess it is a DNS problem. I would try the following in Terminal:

Code:
dscacheutil -flushcache

Just type (or paste) that in and hit return. You may have faulty addresses in your DNS cache, that could explain why it won't load. Let us know if that changes anything for you.

If that doesn't work, it may be worthwhile to look into your DNS settings. But try the above first.

workingprint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
It is a 404 error. I will try the terminal code when i get to my home computer. Thanks everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.