Mac doesn't stay asleep - adobe icon?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by domyue, Sep 1, 2010.

1. domyue macrumors newbie

Hi

I installed photoshop cs5 onto my new imac, running snow leopard. I've now noticed that when I set the mac into sleep mode, it doesn't stay in sleep mode throughout the night. By morning, i've noticed the hard-drives are spinning fast and it's fully operational (out of sleep).

Additionally, there is what I believe is the Adobe icon (the adobe "A") in the top right of my 'taskbar' (where the time is displayed). When I hover my mouse over this icon, it just shows a sort of revolving white-ish circle (not the usual spinning-rainbow mac one). I cant click it, I can't right click it, it just hung. Adobe programs are not, as far as I know, running in background.

Is it this icon indicating that it's updating??
    It stays stuck like that overnight and I'm not sure what I can do apart from shutting the mac down proper!!
    I can't make my mac go to sleep for more than a few hrs!

Please someone help!
    Many thanks!!

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

would you mind posting a picture of this icon?

I know the adobe updater icon shows up up there when an update is needed but it should be clickable, unless somehow our settings are different then mine and your updates are automatic. If this is the case and your system is trying to update CS5, it could be keeping your system "awake"

I would suggest checking your preferences for the Adobe Updater which should have been installed when you installed Photoshop.