.Mac doesn't work with Leopard!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tsurisuto, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Tsurisuto macrumors 6502

My copy of Leopard arrived this morning in the post... (Woo hoo!!) so naturally I phoned in sick and decided to stay at home and try it out.

One thing I have noticed however is that when I tried reseting my bookmarks and contacts on .Mac with those on my computer, it resulted in .Mac deleting my information and NOT replacing it with the new information. All the information is still on my computer, but if I try to access my bookmarks from the .Mac website, my folder just shows up blank.

Any ideas?

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

hmm, not sure what's going on here. i guess keep playing around with it

3. Reach macrumors 6502a

No, but I had to try back and forth many times before I actually managed to sync thing the way I wanted, between my old Tiger G5, .mac and the now Leopard MBP. Seemed pretty buggy to me.

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I believe they're in the process of updating the system. It's discussed here and on the Apple Support forum.

Nuc

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

makes sense

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes. I wouldn't expect full .mac support until tomorrow @ 6.

7. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

Exactly. I wouldn't expect full anything support until tomorrow at 6. That's why I'm not putting too much stock into what people are saying about it now. I fully expect that the Leopard experience right now will pale in comparison to the Leopard experience tomorrow night.

An iPhone update tomorrow wouldn't shock me, either.

8. Tsurisuto thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope you're right.

9. weaverra macrumors regular

Well it hasn't officially been released yet so your on your own right now.

10. Remixen macrumors member

UPDATE: As of 10/23/07 4 PM PDT, the .Mac Sync maintenance is still in progress. We thank you for your patience as we work to restore service ASAP.

Due to scheduled maintenance of the .Mac Sync service beginning on October 19, 2007, members are unable to sync Safari Bookmarks or Mac OS X Address Book contacts to the www.mac.com website. We apologize for any inconvenience. Normal service will be restored ASAP. Read more for interim solutions.

Due to scheduled maintenance of the .Mac Sync service beginning on October 19, 2007, you may receive a dialogue asking "What would you like to do for this first sync?"

If you have received this dialogue, and have not recently reset your data on .Mac or registered your computer for syncing with .Mac, you can safely select to Merge data on your computer and .Mac. You may have to perform this step once on each computer that is syncing with .Mac.