mac doing weird

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by laurensdek, May 1, 2011.

1. laurensdek macrumors newbie

hello,
    yesterday i cleaned my mac but i forget to turn it of
    after cleaning i was typing something but the only thing i could write were some signs (i think Russian signs), also when i want to open a window it pops out in slow motion , when i want to select a file it select all the files in the row
    i went to system preferences but my keyboard setting didnt changed
    so i tried to reinstall my mac but i couldn't insert my instal dvd

maybe a interesting detail: a few days ago i installed audio hijack ( to boost my crappy mac volume) maybe these is a reason

are there some options?

2. simsaladimbamba

How did you clean your Mac - physically with a cloth or administratively with some software?
    Have you checked System Preferences > Language & Text (International with 10.5 and 10.4)> Input?
    Is your Shift key somehow stuck?
    What do you mean with "couldn't insert my instal dvd "? Does the DVD not get inside? Or is it ejected shortly after insertion?

AudioHijack is unlikely the source of your problems.
    Can you also tell us what exact Mac and Mac OS X version you have?

3. laurensdek thread starter macrumors newbie

I cleaned it physically with a cloth, the language settings are ok so that isn't the problem
    the shift insn't stuck I think because the green shift light is not lightning
    I can put my dvd in it put it won't absorb it , so it is not stuck
    its a macbook osx ; 2,26 GHZ; intel core 2 duo

4. simsaladimbamba

I mean the Shift key, the key with the green light is the Caps Lock key, and the Shift key is below that key. That would explain the slow Exposé animations.
    Is the MacBook running when you insert the DVD? Have you tried restarting it and inserting the DVD afterwards and pressing and holding down the Option key to start the boot selection screen?
    You probably have Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?

5. laurensdek thread starter macrumors newbie

btw: when I type azertyuiopqsdfghjklm this is what I get ==> ÆÅʂ™ŸªïŒ∏Ω∑∆·flÎÍË|ӛ⁄¢√∫ı´듑{¶«¡ø}—ô (thats surely no Russian; I was wrong :p)

6. laurensdek thread starter macrumors newbie

yes its snow leopard 10.6
    when I look at the shift key it is not stuck (but maybe intern it can be stuck)
    the macbook is running, I restarted it a 100 times i think :p

7. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

It might be a problem with your option key if that is held down it would explain the weird text. Also check both of the shift keys. Pop the keys off and clean under them.

8. Shingleback macrumors newbie

Help!!!!!!

This very same thing is happening on my MacBook...

Did solve the problem???

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

It's possible a form of Sticky Keys was enabled, check under the Universal Access pref pane.

By default, pressing the shift key 5 times in quick succession enables/disables it.