.mac domain hosting trouble

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by speakerwizard, Mar 13, 2008.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hi, trying to get my domain hosted by .mac which says to enter web.mac.com as the cname, well on my domain registery settings it says enter your name server which is still set to my old host when i enter web.mac.com it says "Error! host WEB.MAC.COM not found." and reverts to the old host, any ideas?

2. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

Depends on what company your domain is registered with. If it's GoDaddy, this link may be helpful.

3. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

unfortunatly with droa, i also want it hosted by .mac not forwarded to it

4. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

Alright, well I'm not familiar with .mac or DROA. But, when you go into DROA to manage your domains, instead of changing the nameservers, there should be an Total DNS option somewhere, and you'll put the mac address they gave you in the @ box. This should change the nameservers atuomatically. Hopefully this works, I've asked a friend who has his site hosted on his .mac and I'll post his fix.

I wonder why Apple just doesn't give you two name servers or IPs...

5. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Thank you, there is no other related settings to change.

6. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

Ok, I talked to my friend.

I hope this helps. If you're looking for good hosting there's GoDaddy and Hostnine. Both great companies with great prices.