Mac drivers for windows XP !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by papapin, Dec 11, 2008.

1. papapin macrumors newbie

I have lost my Mac Installation CD so i can not install drivers for the windows xp run based on Boot Camp.
    [​IMG]
    I' ve found this on Internet ( right click on the boot camp assistant then click Show package content ) so would someone upload this one for me to download it, because i haven't got the Boot Camp Assistant version 2.1 as well :mad:
    By the way, what is the difference between FAT32 and NTFS when i install the windows xp on my Macbook.
    Thank you very much.

2. papapin thread starter macrumors newbie

ye im not using Leopard, im using Tiger cuz the Leopard CD is too expensive :D
    would some one help me pls

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well the current Boot Camp Assistant (vers. 2.0) that comes with Leopard will only work with- stop me if you've heard this- Leopard.

The old Boot Camp Beta releases (1.0 to 1.4 that never came on disks but needed to be downloaded) that were designed by Apple to work with Tiger have all expired and are no longer distributed by Apple but can be found on the net. The only way you can install using them is to set your system date back to before they expired, but that does work.

You don't need to worry about the drivers on the Leopard disk (or the Boot Camp 2.1 updaters that Apple has available because they are all designed for the release version of BC (2.0) that the Leopard installer has, not the Tiger betas. Using the Tiger betas you still burn a driver disk as part of the Boot Camp process.

4. papapin thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ok thank you guys very much :D
    so i can use the new release 2.1 pack for boot camp 2.0 right ?
    thanks again :)

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes, the 2.1 driver updater is used in conjunction with the Boot Camp Assistant v2.0 when used with XP SP3, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit (different updaters for whichever OS is installed). If you are installing Windows from an XP SP2 disk, there is no need for the 2.1 updated drivers, unless you later decide to upgrade your installation to SP3.

To be absolutely clear though- you cannot run the V2.0 Boot Camp Assistant without having Leopard installed (and BC 2.0 is installed right along with Leopard).

6. papapin thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend, but i'm trying to install XP SP2, i've just finished installing but i couldn't run the file BCUpdateXP.exe which i downloaded from Apple website.
    What should i do now to install drivers for the Windows XP SP2 ?

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, I'm getting more confused by the moment! :confused: So before I give you any bad information, does this mean you upgraded to Leopard then? In the start of the thread you mentioned running Tiger, but now you are asking about BCUpdateXP.exe which can only be used with the Boot Camp that Leopard installs (and even then that update is not necessary with SP2).... :confused:

So let's start over- are you running Tiger or Leopard now????

8. papapin thread starter macrumors newbie

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You know I'm sorry to say that I now have to wonder now if your post is for real. You knew how to find out before, but you don't now?:confused:

Ok, just for the heck of it, take a look in your "About this Mac" under the Apple at the top left of your screen and tell us what version of OSX it lists and I will give it one last shot.