Mac DVDRipper Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbob05, Aug 28, 2014.

1. johnbob05 macrumors newbie

I have purchased the Mac DVDRipper Pro and have ripped disc one of a TV show which has 4 episodes on it. I have ripped with the option "All videos, menus, and bonuses". It ripped it into one file that when opened it opens in the Mac DVD player. I did some finageling and went to "get more info" on the file and where it says "open with" I selected "VLC" it then popped up a menu that read: "Are you sure you want to change all similar documents to open with the application “VLC”?" This change will apply to all documents with extension “...." (don't remember what the extension was but it is now ".vob") It then changed it into many files such as AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS. I just want to change it back and I can't figure out how. I've tried doing the same thing on some of the .vob files and choose open with DVD Player but it doesn't change the format and now every time I rip a DVD it does it in the VLC format. What format does the DVD Player read?????????

2. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

You're chasing a bit of a red herring here.

Changing what application a file opens with does not change the format of the file. Your problem is something else, but it's not this.

It sounds like you have altered a setting in DVDRipper Pro (I have never used it) which is changing what the output format is.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You've only changed the default application for opening .vob files (the individual files making up a DVD). Right click and open with and point back to your original application and then set that as the default.