.mac e-mail - slow on the desktop, fast on iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Deanster, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Deanster macrumors regular

Hi all - this is an annoyance, but it's becoming more of a problem for me.

I have my primary personal email on MobileMe/.Mac, as I have for many years. I've been using Mail.app on the desktop since it came out, and I've always gotten mail in very quickly, as I've had it set to check every minute or two.

However, since the MobileMe upgrade, a couple things have happened. MobileMe mail shows up on my iPhone instantly, just as it should.

However, on the desktop, it's often not showing up for 5 or 10 minutes, even if I hit 'Get Mail'. I've missed several opportunities at work and personally because my mail just hasn't shown up on the desktop.

It will come in if I quit and restart Mail.app, but it's really annoying to have my iPhone ding, click 'get mail' on my desktop, nothing happens, and then I need to quit and restart Mail.app to actually receive and respond to my my mail.

Other than this behavior, Mail.app seems to be working correctly, and mail from my other IMAP accounts comes in very quickly - it's exclusive to my MobileMe mail.

Any thoughts?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Hmm...I haven't noticed this with mine. Might be worth trashing the Mail prefs or reinstalling.