.MAC E-Mail...so poor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whynot83706, Aug 8, 2007.

1. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

Edit: I am talking about DeskTop Program (Mail)....not online....

After so many years of using PC I decided to buy Mac, and today i got iMac...everything works great but the ht E-mail part.....Mac E-Mail is simply plain and there are no that many options like in Outlook...and that is one thing I did like about MS and PC - Outlook...are there any plans for updating Outlook any time soon?

2. PShot07 macrumors member

I don't know exactly what you are looking for. Apple will be updating mail with 10.5 and add a lot of new features. Also, Microsoft has an application similar to Outlook called Entourage. It is part of the Microsoft Office for Mac suite. Currently Office 2004 it not a universal application, Office 2008 should start shipping soon after Mac World in January (knock on wood).

3. whynot83706 thread starter macrumors 6502

whynot83706

My work goes through E-mail, so I just like MS Outlook 2003 and in the last few months 2007 due to all features it has...there is nothing wrong with Mail, but it simply does not have all the features i like with Outlook, so thats the reason why I was asking this question...I am looking for something similar to Outlook...what changes are with 10.5 version...

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

What features does Outlook have that you feel that Mail is missing? There are a number of knowledgeable people on these forums who might be able to help you discover hidden functionality.

5. PShot07 macrumors member

This is what is currently on Apple's 10.5 preview website:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/mail.html

If you want something closer to Outlook though I would consider taking a look at Entourage. If you do decide that Entourage is for you, I HIGHLY recommend you find a way to cope until version 2008 comes out in January.
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/entourage2004.aspx?pid=entourage2004