.Mac email alias

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macridah, Jun 30, 2007.

1. macridah macrumors 6502a

macridah

I don't know if this is possible on the iPhone mail application, but how can I change the From email account to one of my .mac email aliases?

Thanks in advance

2. musicaleuphoria macrumors newbie

yeah I've been wondering the same thing. Apple site is useless, i'm going to the store soon to get more info.

So far the best thing I've found is going to .me on my phone

3. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

half the answer

To set up your iPhone mail to work with one of your aliases, just set up a new account. iPhone Setting-->Mail, Contacts, Calendars-->Add Account-->Other. Then fill out the information, using your alias as the email address, but your main AppleID for User Name.

That gets you your alias inbox, and the option to select that email address in the "From" field.

The reason this is "half the answer" is because, for the last couple days, my alias inbox has not been able to load any of my email content. New messages appear, but if I touch on them, the "Loading..." message spins forever, and no content loads.

Apple's phone support hadn't heard of the problem. I've restored, reset, etc, but with no luck. I'm going to the store Thursday to see what the geniuses can do. Hmmm, maybe I'll get a free 3G and the beta version of 3.0 with support for all of Apple's features. That would be neat.

I'll post back here with any new info

4. musicaleuphoria macrumors newbie

Good call on the Other instead of MobileMe. I went to the Apple store near my house and I stumped everyone in the store. They told me to go to Apple support and if enough people do this then Apple is pretty good about adding updates that people ask for.

5. musicaleuphoria macrumors newbie

Okay so here's what I did with your help that makes everything work out.

You turn off all your rules on you Mac Mail. Then set up all the aliases on your iPhone. Then all your email will go to the inbox of your master account and when you compose or reply to an email from the master account you can change the email address you are sending from.

Great Find!

6. musicaleuphoria macrumors newbie

Sorry for the repeated posts.

The only problem is that you can only use one alias. If you add a second the rest change. :(