.Mac Email Problems With IMAP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gazfocus, Mar 6, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I am using a trial version of .Mac so I can suss it out before buying the full membership but I am having problems setting up the .Mac email.

If I try to set it up as IMAP email, it doesn't send or recieve emails and it won't verify my account setting. But if I set it up as POP3 email it works fine (I want IMAP because of the syncing aspect)

I have tried setting the email up on OSX Mail app, Entourage and my iPod Touch and get the same problem each time.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve this?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mail has .mac settings specifically for .mac email. Use those. It is trivial to setup and it works flawlessly.

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I have tried that but the verification fails and it won't send/receive emails

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why don't you work on resolving those problems?

5. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Do you think I prefer sitting here typing on these things???

I have tried resolving the problem. I spent an hour on to a .Mac Support rep trying to resolve the problem and have not been able to resolve it.

Has anyone useful got any suggestions? Thanks

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Your Mac is supposed to set up all the .Mac stuff for you, once you enter your .Mac user name and password into the .Mac System Preferences pane. If it's not working, try deleting your information from there, clicking Show All for the change to take effect, then going back, re-entering it, and clicking Show All for the change to take effect.