Mac Error Code 0 - Any Fresh Ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HGQ2112, Oct 17, 2013.

1. HGQ2112 macrumors newbie

Copying folder from Desktop to Lacie external HD. Been doing the same thing, same folder, for 18-months, no problems. Today, I get: Mac Error Code 0. Search the Net and try all proposed solutions but two: 1) Reformat Lacie Drive (way too painful) and 2) Repair Permissions (main point of this post).

My Lacie is formatted Mac (Journaled). So it isn't a FAT-32 issue. I already trashed the Preference List file and rebooted. No good. Tried several other reboots - none work. Ran Verify Disk and reports everything is "perfect". Out of options and figuring I just downloaded the most recent "helpful" OS update the other day, it must be a Permission error. One catch - I can't verify or repair Disk Permissions. When I use Disk Utility, those options are "grayed out" and not available for selection. Any suggestions for a solution to the whole Mac Error Code 0 issue, or how to access Verify Disk Permissions/Repair Disk Permissions? Fwiw, I can transfer other files and folders perfectly. Just my largest folder it doesn't like, but, again, the format for the Lacie is not FAT-32, it is Mac (Journaled).

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

For starters I'd back up that drive (and your Mac for that matter).