Mac external monitor displays WRONG screen!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by djtman, Oct 28, 2009.

1. djtman macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    I have the new macbook unibody, and use it from time to time to dsiplay things to an external montior, plasma, projector, etc. Using a mini-display adapter to a converter to get s-video was a challenge, but I figured it out. I have used this many times, as I am a DJ and need s-video out to connect to most devices.
    I was at an event saturday night, and the display on the external device (projector) kept displaying my desktop, NOT the external feed.
    It was NOT set up for mirroring, as it seems like the displays were 'switched'. I had my desktop on the projector, and my external on my macbook pro monitor. I tried to fool around with arrangement and resolution, but to no avail. I understand that sometimes you have to drag your source to the right (of left) to get it to display on the external, and this was done, but it was still reversed.
    I know it was something simple to get the 2 switched back to the way it should be, but I could not figure it out. Any advice? None of my apple buds can figure this out.
    Thank you in advance for your advice.
    -Terry:)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

 -> System Preferences -> Displays -> Arrangement -> Drag the menu bar icon to your main display.

3. djtman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I did that, but it did not change the displays. It had worked fine the day before, with no changes to my configs. I just plugged in my adaptors, started up the mac, and the displays were wrong.
    Any other ideas?